Looking to remove your Tech Armor Ballistic Glass screen protector? Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to do it!
Checkout this video:
Tools You Will Need
In order to remove Tech Armor ballistic glass, you will need:
-A heat gun or hair dryer
-A plastic putty knife
-A solution of soapy water
-A lint-free cloth
-Rubbing alcohol (optional)
1. Heat the edge of the glass with a heat gun or hair dryer for about 30 seconds. This will help to loosen the adhesive.
2. Insert the putty knife under the edge of the glass and gently pry it up. Try not to use too much force, as you could damage the device underneath.
3. Once you have lifted up a corner, slowly peel back the glass. If it is sticking in places, reheat that area and try again.
4. If there is any adhesive residue left on the device, clean it off with a solution of soapy water or rubbing alcohol.
5. Buff the area dry with a lint-free cloth and reattach any case or coverings that were removed during this process
Lint free cloth
tech armor ballistic glass
A lint-free cloth is necessary to avoid scratching the surface of your tech armor ballistic glass. microscopically sharp fibers in regular clothing can scratch the surface of the glass and cause it to become hazy and difficult to see through.
To remove tech armor ballistic glass, begin by spraying a liberal amount of alcohol onto the cloth. Wipe the soiled area of the glass in a circular pattern until the solution breaks down the grime and dirt. Continue to wipe away any residue with a clean, dry section of the cloth until the area is streak-free.
Isopropyl alcohol is a common ingredient in many household cleaning products and is safe to use on most surfaces. However, it can damage some types of plastic, so it’s important to read the labels of your cleaning products carefully and use them as directed.
-A clean, lint-free cloth
To remove Tech Armor Ballistic Glass from your device:
1. Power off your device.
2. Wipe the area around the glass with the isopropyl alcohol and cloth to remove any dirt or debris.
3. Carefully peel back a corner of the glass, being careful not to touch the adhesive backing.
4. Slowly lift the glass away from the device, being careful not to touch the adhesive backing. If any adhesive residue remains on your device, you can remove it with a little more isopropyl alcohol on a clean cloth.
New adhesive strip
To remove your Tech Armor Ballistic Glass screen protector, start by peeling off the top adhesive strip. Next, slowly and gently peel the screen protector away from the device, taking care not to damage the display. If there is any residual adhesive left on the device, use a lint-free cloth dampened with water or alcohol to remove it. Finally, apply a new adhesive strip to the back of the screen protector and reapply it to the device.
Tech Armor Ballistic Glass is a type of tempered glass that is designed to protect your screen from shatter and cracks. It is made with a special process that makes it four times stronger than regular glass. If you have this type of glass on your screen and it cracks or shatters, you will need to remove it. Here are the steps to remove Tech Armor Ballistic Glass from your screen.
Power down your device
Turn off your device before beginning the removal process. This will help prevent any damage to your device during the removal process.
If you have a case on your device, remove it before beginning the removal process.
Heat up the old adhesive with a hair dryer
Use a hairdryer on low heat to heat up the old adhesive. This will help soften the adhesive and make it easier to remove. Do not heat up for too long, as you don’t want to damage the phone.
Work the adhesive with your fingers
Once the adhesive has been heated up, use your fingers to work it loose. You can also use a putty knife or another thin, blunt object to help loosen the adhesive.
Clean up the residue
Once the adhesive has been removed, you will be left with a sticky residue. Use a clean cloth to wipe away any residue, and then use a cleaner designed for electronics to remove any final residue.
Use a putty knife to slowly and carefully peel off the old adhesive
1. Use a putty knife to slowly and carefully peel off the old adhesive.
2. With the help of a credit card, scrape off any residual adhesive.
3. Clean the surface with isopropyl alcohol to remove any oils or residue that may prevent the new adhesive from bonding properly.
4. Allow the surface to dry completely before proceeding to the next step.
5a. If you are using the ballistic glass screen protector with an adhesive backing, peel off the backing and align the protector on the device.
5b. If you are using the ballistic glass screen protector without an adhesive backing, align theprotector on the device and then apply a thin layer of water or alcohol tothe surface of the protector.
6. Use a credit card or other flat object to press down on the surface ofthe protector and remove any air bubbles
Clean off any residue with isopropyl alcohol
Use a cotton swab or microfiber cloth dipped in isopropyl alcohol to remove any lingering adhesive residue from the surface of your device. You may need to apply pressure to remove all of the residue.
Let the area dry
Before you attempt to remove the Ballistic Glass, it is important to allow the area to dry. This will ensure that the adhesive will not become wet and will be easier to removed. Use a hairdryer on a low setting or a lint-free cloth to dry the area. If you are using a lint-free cloth, make sure to blot the area and not rub it.
Place the new adhesive strip on the device
1. Remove the old adhesive strip from the device. If there is any residual adhesive, use a lint-free cloth dampened with isopropyl alcohol (IPA) to remove it. Wipe the area clean and allow it to dry completely.
2. Place the new adhesive strip on the device, aligning it with the edge of the device closest to you.
3. For best results, wait one hour before applying the ballistic glass.
Press down on the new adhesive to secure it in place
1. Power down your device and remove the battery (if possible).
2. Locate the old adhesive on the back of the device.
3. Use a credit card or similar tool to gently scrape away the old adhesive, taking care not to damage the back panel of your device in the process.
4. Once the old adhesive has been removed, clean the area with rubbing alcohol or a similar product.
5. Peel away the backing from the new adhesive strip and press it into place on the back of your device.
6. Press down on the new adhesive to secure it in place.
7. Allow the adhesive to cure for 24 hours before reattaching your battery (if applicable) and powering on your device
-Use a hairdryer on a medium to high setting, and hold it about 6 inches away from the screen. Move it around the perimeter of the glass for about 30 seconds.
-Use a rubbing alcohol-dampened cotton ball or electronic cleaning wipe, and rub it around the entire perimeter of the glass.
-Use your finger or a plastic opening tool to slowly and carefully peel the glass off of the phone. If you encounter any resistance, stop and heat that area with the hairdryer for another 20 to 30 seconds before trying again.
If the old adhesive is difficult to remove, you can try using a heat gun instead of a hair dryer.
1. Use a hairdryer on high heat to soften the old adhesive.
2. Use a putty knife or your fingernail to peel the old adhesive off of the glass.
3. If the old adhesive is difficult to remove, you can try using a heat gun instead of a hair dryer.
4. Once all of the old adhesive is removed, use rubbing alcohol and a lint-free cloth to clean the surface of the glass.
5. Allow the glass to air dry completely before applying the new adhesive.
You can buy adhesive strips online or at a local hardware store.
Most people don’t know that you can buy adhesive strips that are specifically designed to remove Tech Armor Ballistic Glass from your device. These strips are safe to use and will not damage your device. You can find them online or at a local hardware store.