What Happened at Virginia Tech Yesterday

Yesterday at virginia tech there was a shooting.
Many people were killed.
This is a tragedy.

Checkout this video:


Monday morning, virginia tech students were greeted with news of a shooting on campus. Two people were killed and several more injured in the attack, which took place in a dorm room. The gunman, who has been identified as a student at the university, is believed to have then taken his own life.

Eyewitness Accounts

On April 16, 2007, Seung-Hui Cho, a senior at virginia tech killed 32 people and wounded 17 others in two separate attacks before committing suicide. The massacre was the deadliest shooting incident by a single gunman in U.S. history.

The first attack occurred at West Ambler Johnston Hall, a residence hall on the west side of campus, at about 7:15 a.m. Cho entered the building and shot two students in their dorm room: Emily Hilscher, a 19-year-old freshman from Woodville, Virginia, and Ryan Clark, a 20-year-old sophomore from Blacksburg. Both victims were residents of West Ambler Johnston Hall.

About two hours later, Cho arrived at Norris Hall, an engineering building on the main campus quadrangle. He chained the three main entrance doors shut and placed a note on one of the chains before proceeding to classrooms on the second and third floors. In two classrooms on the second floor, he shot five more people: Minal Panchal, Daniel Perez Cueva, Partahi Mamora Halomoan Lumbantoruan, Colin Goddard, and Jamie Christy Rosenberg. On the third floor, he killed another five people in two more classrooms: Waleed Shaalan, Joey Samsa III Reza Coalition Syed Zaidi Ross Alameddin Amer Ali Manoo Majid Shaza Khalid Mattar Ghanim Alsuwaidi Rachael Ramey Erin Peterson Julia Pryde Mary Read Nicole white Xin Yang

A total of 27 faculty members and students were killed in Norris Hall; none were killed in Johnston Hall

Police Response

Yesterday, at around noon, a shooter opened fire on the Virginia Tech campus, killing 32 people and injuring many others. The shooter has been identified as a student at the university, and police are still investigating the motive behind the attack.

The police response to the shooting was swift and professional. Within minutes of the first 911 call, officers were on the scene and began evacuating students and staff from the area. A lockdown was quickly implemented, and police began searching for the shooter.

The shooter was eventually cornered in a classroom building and killed himself before he could be apprehended. The lockdown was lifted a short time later, and students were able to leave campus.

The Virginia Tech community is still reeling from this tragedy, but they are grateful for the quick response from law enforcement. This tragedy could have been much worse if not for their quick thinking and courageous actions.


The aftermath of yesterday’s shooting at Virginia Tech has left the campus and the country in a state of shock. Thirty-two people were killed in the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history, and many more were injured. The gunman, who has been identified as 23-year-old student Seung-Hoi Cho, took his own life after the shooting.

Classes have been canceled today and tomorrow at Virginia Tech, and counseling services are being offered to students, faculty, and staff. The university is working with local, state, and federal law enforcement officials to investigate the shooting and determine what could have prevented it.

The Virginia Tech community is mourning the loss of the students and teachers who lost their lives yesterday. A memorial service is being planned for next week. In the meantime, a candlelight vigil will be held tonight at 7:00 p.m. on the Drillfield in front of Burruss Hall.


In conclusion, it is still unclear what exactly happened at Virginia Tech yesterday.what is known is that there was a shooting on campus and that several people were killed. The investigation is ongoing and more information may be released in the future.

Scroll to Top